Physical Level -9
Best Time to Visit
March- June - Aug -Dec
Cost Rs 87,700- Per person
Tibet 6 Days Tour / Lake Namsto
TIBET- a sacred land of myths and mysteries was opened to tourism in 1985. Before this, it avoided influence from the west and this country developed its unique culture and religion independently. Since the spiritual leaders governed Tibet, monasteries and religious institutions were the backbone of power so the importance and prestige were shown by the size and magnificent architecture of these buildings.Tibetan Buddhism contains many elements of their older religion,” Bon Po” which worshipped the sky,moon, sun, fire, soil and even evil spirits and this is why a monastery such as Tashilhumpo contains thousands of unique statues, paintings (thangka), religious and historical books that to visit it in detail would take weeks. Pilgrims till today often travel long distances to have their wishes fulfilled and crowd the monasteries which shows that religion still holds a very important place in their daily lives.
Highlights of your journey to India
Chomo Langma (Mt. Everest) 29, 028 ft.
Wild yak, Bharal (blue) sheep, Musk deer,
Jokhang temple 7th Century
Explore the old market.
Local Traditions / Farming
Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Drepung Monastery/Sera Monastery
Local Salted Butter Tea
3 Star Hotel Accommodation
- Altitude - 14000 ft
- Season time rates change (June to October )
Extra Nights can be added in the Itinerary
Local Restaurants /Markets to visit
Temple / Monastery
Require Fit and able body for this tours
Please tip the driver and Hotel Staff
Internal Transportation Provided
Entry /Exit Airport Lhasa
Tailor your trip with Lake Manasovar
Brief Itinerary - Tibet & Lake Namtso 6 Days Tour
Day 01:- Arrival at Lhasa City
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel.Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to high altitude.
For the new-comers of Tibet, to get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet. Having a good
sleep in your hotel is a good option. Don not rush to visit attractions inside Lhasa city.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 02:- Lhasa tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang and Barkhor street (B)
Today tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king ofTibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor street,where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 03:- Lhasa tour - Drepung Monastery/Sera Monastery (B)
In the morning you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. You can visit biggest monastery kitcheninside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon. In addition, you can tour Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, you can see three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 04 -Lhasa to Namtso Lake, drive back to Dunxumg or to Yampachen (approx.
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Lake Namtso, one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest saline lake in the world. On the way, you can see snow-capped Nyenchen Thanglha Mountain Ranges and lots of nomads and their tent with grazing yak and sheep densely-populated on the flourishing grassland ( in summer). Besides, you can enjoy the view of Sky-Road Railway with snow mountain background; while standing at the famous Lagenla Pass(5190m), you can view the stunning vista of holy Namtso Lake.
Then we can enjoy our time to do leisurely trek around Tashi Dor Island and along the lakeshore. Drive back to Dumxung or Yampachen. (For environment protection, the Lakeshore guesthouses were close by the government.)
Stay overnight in Dumxung or Yampanchen Town.
Day 05:- Yampachen to Lhasa (approx. 90-120km )
Drive to Yampanchen and enjoy the natural hot spring bath in here. (Please prepare your own swimming suit.) The famous Yangpachen lies on the southern slope of the Nyenchen Tangula
Mountains and is famous for its geothermal scenery. Every year, Yangpachen Hot Spring emits heat equal to that of 4.7 million tons of standard coal. Lying in a plateau basin, Yangpachen’s geothermal field covers 40 square km. To take advantage of geothermal field, resorts were built in here, giving tourists a chance to enjoy the outdoor natural hot spring spa. After having thoroughly relaxed in the spa, we head back to Lhasa. On the way, we will visit Chimelong Nunnery (Phyirmil Lung Nunnery) and have a far view of a sky burial site nearby.
Stay Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 06:- End of Tibet Tour
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
Tibet Travel Permit & China Visa Process
• ARRIVING TIBET VIA KATHMANDU/NEPAL OR GO OVERLAND VIA KYIRONG OR SIMIKOT BORDER:
- On the other hand, if you are planning to fly to Lhasa via Kathmandu or go overland via Kyirong or Simikot border, you would need to arrive in Kathmandu at least 4 days before trip start before your entry into Tibet.
• REQUIRED DOCUMENT FOR TIBET VISA PROCESS: (UPON ARRIVAL INKATHMANDU, NEPAL)
Regular / Ordinary passport (minimum 3 working days before trip start date)
- Photo copy of passport
- 1 Photo
- Chinese Visa forms fill up by client
- Visa fee by US$/NPR Cash
• ARRIVING LHASA VIA MAINLAND CHINA:
- If you are planning to arrive in Lhasa via mainland China, you would need to apply for your Chinese visa from the Chinese Embassy in
(*Note: Please do not mention Lhasa/Tibet while applying China Visa as it may create confusion and delays in Obtaining China visa)
- Once you have the Chinese visa, you will need to scan the visa and email it to us along with the copy of your passport. Both the documents should be clear and readable otherwise it will be rejected by the Tibet Travel
Bureau in Tibet (TTB).
• REQUIRED DOCUMENT FOR PERMITS PROCESS:
- Clear Scan copy of Passport (35 days before trip start)
- Clear Scan copy of China Visa (35 days before trip
- Detailed Hotel address of any cites of Main Land China where you spend at least 1 night (10 days before trip start)
- We cannot apply Tibet permits and visa on diplomatic passport, official passport, UN passport.
- All International tourists must travel Tibet with ordinary/regular passport.
- If clients have official visa on regular/ordinary passport, then we need letter from concern department clarifying nature of work, designation and purpose of visit to Tibet.
- Official visa on regular/ordinary passport may delay on visa process.
Leave your comments & questions
This travel plan suits whom
• Adventure travelers
• Nature Inspired Personals
• High Altitude Explorers
• Adults ( Up to 50 yrs)
• Children Age - 16 and above
• International Universities Program
• Exchange College students
Whats Included in your travel package
Arrival airport transfer / Departure / Tibet Travel Permit
Any meals except breakfast (rates for Lunch and dinner quoted separately)
04 Nights accommodation in respective hotels in Lhasa on BB Basis.
01 Night accommodation in respective Hotel in Lake Namtso on BB Basis.
Sharing Accommodation in confirmed room category 3 stars 5 Nights .
Local transportation by private vehicle, bus ,tempo traveler .
All programs according to the description - Included in the cost
Local Tours /Guide Fees -English speaking local Guide in Tibet.
Entrance fee at monuments
Bottle of mineral water in the vehicle.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST
• Government Tax
• International or Domestic Air tickets
• Any kind of Travel /Medical Insurance
• Emergency Evacuation
• Extra Food or Single Room Occupancy
• Unseen Circumstances
• Laundry Bills / Tips / Hospital bills
• Any additional cost due to flight Cancellation etc.
• China visa fee
Around The Himalayas Group Tours
India - Nepal - Bhutan -Tibet
The Himalayas pointed out the 110 peaks,which Mount Everest is the Tallest of them all. Explore off beat journeys to Tibet and Nepal.
Travel Journeys of knowing the Himalayas from India ,Nepal ,Tibet ,Bhutan.Make your adventure a adventure of a life time,fly to Everest Base Camp helicopter ride.Trekking destinations along the Himalayan Ranges . Book your adventure with us.